You save: 18%
The Wave by Susan Casey is a story book that have long been mariners' tales of 100-foot rogue waves. Gargantuan monsters that sink super-tankers in the blink of an eye. But waves that high violate the laws of physics so science has dismissed them as myth until now. In February 2000 the research ship, RRS Discovery was trapped by a vortex of mammoth waves in the North Atlantic. Amazingly the ship survived and its state-of-the-art equipment registered waves nearing 100-feet. Something scary is brewing in the planet's waters and with 72% of earth covered by sea this is serious business. Cut to Maui, Hawaii, a surf mecca where a 100-foot wave is seen as the ultimate challenge. Casey follows extreme surfing legend Laird Hamilton and his unique tribe as they hunt down this grail.The action zips from Lloyds of London to rusty oil rigs, tropical Tahitian surf shacks to supercomputer data labs as Casey juxtaposes the exploits of big-wave surfers against scientists' urgent efforts to predict devastating rogue waves. Like Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air. The Wave is an extraordinary story about man confronting nature at its most ferocious.
Author: Susan Casey
SURFBOARD DELIVERY INFO
- 1/2 PRICE DELIVERY in Australia
- The delivery charges shows on the check-out page.
- Your purchase includes FREE DELIVERY INSURANCE.
- We ship our boards every weekday from NSW and delivery takes 2-5 business days depending on your delivery location. Towns outside main centres can take longer.
- We do not deliver to PO Box Addresses.
- All orders must be signed for.
- As we cannot confirm the delivery time and day we strongly recommend that you provide a work address where someone will be present to receive and sign for your surfboard during business hours.
- The couriers cannot accept instructions to "call before arrival" etc. If you are not at the delivery address a card will be left for you to call to rearrange a delivery day when you will be home.
NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES
|NSW Discount Surfboard Delivery||2-4 Business Days||$50.00|
|ACT Discount Surfboard Delivery||2-4 Business Days||$50.00|
|QLD Discount Surfboard Delivery||3-5 Business Days||$50.00|
|VIC Discount Surfboard Delivery||3-5 Business Days||$50.00|
|SA Discount Surfboard Delivery||4-5 Business Days||$50.00|
|WA Discount Surfboard Delivery||4-5 Business Days||$120.00|
|NT Discount Surfboard Delivery||4-7 Business Days||$200.00|
|TAS Discount Surfboard Delivery||4-5 Business Days||$50.00|
OTHER PRODUCTS - DELIVERY COST
- Free delivery for all orders over $49 (excluding all board types)
- $9.95 for orders under $49
- All orders are tracked online using predominantly TNT Couriers.
- You are emailed your tracking details after dispatch
- 30-Days: Ride it - Love it - Or Return it
- Check out our Stoked! Guarantee
- We deliver to some international countries.
- Please email us your address for a quote to deliver to your country
- We have a lot of experience shipping boards. We use the best packing materials and take extreme care packing our boards.
- Please ensure you complete a thorough check of your board as soon as you get it and notify us and the courier company immediately if there are any issues. We'll get back to you via phone or email ASAP.
- Please read our Terms & Conditions before placing any order
Most people are worried about buying a surfboard online and making the right choice. Surfboards Direct is run by surfers - and for surfers. Our mission is to help you get the best board or surfing accessory, first time and have the confidence that no matter what we will help you get it right.
So to make it easy for you we include the following to make your purchase completely worry free
- Our Stoked! Guarantee - ride it, love it or return it!
- Free Delivery Insurance with every surfboard order
- Free Surfboard Delivery to most states - NSW, VIC, QLD, ACT and SA (just $50 elsewhere)
- Free wax and fins with every surfboard order
We sell with the confidence of so many satisfied customers and awesome feedback. Just read the many testimonials we have and remember to get in touch with us before you purchase to help you with any aspect of buying from us