Terms & Conditions
By accessing, browsing or using this website, you agree to the terms, conditions and disclaimers herein as amended from time to time. By purchasing an item advertised on this website, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Surfboards Direct may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any amendment will become effective immediately. Your continued use of this website after amendment constitutes an agreement to abide by and be bound by those Terms and Conditions, as amended.
This is covered by out Stoked! Guarantee: If for any reason you get your board and don’t like it, even if you ride it, we’ll refund or swap it for you with the first 30-days.
- If for any reason you get your board and don't like it you may return it within 30-days for a store credit or refund. Even if you ride it.
- Returned boards must be free from damage – small pressure dings on the deck are fine but if we have to repair anything, eg damage has broken the fibreglass, then we need to deduct the repair cost off the return. Fair enough?
- Surfboards Direct will pay for the return couriers from NSW, VIC, QLD & ACT but the other states need to help us out with a $50 return charge.
- You are responsible for the board arriving back in good condition so retain the box and packaging that came with the board and ensure you repack it well.
- If you don't use the box and packaging supplied we reserve the right charge for any transit damage.
- Exchanges can only be dispatched upon receipt of the returned product. Surfboards Direct reserve the right to refund after one replacement.
- Offer excludes softboards.
Delivery & Damage
- Your board is covered by free Delivery Insurance so we pack these babies well!
- However as soon as the board arrives you need to unpack and check for any transit damage and notify us straight away. We have to put a time limit of 5-days from date of delivery to get coverage.
- It makes it much easier if you can take a photo and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to help assess the damage.
- Make sure that you have double-checked ALL details on your orders including names, addresses, and phone numbers. Boards are delivered via courier and Surfboards Direct cannot be held liable for loss after a delivery signature is obtained.
We will replace or credit you for any boards that need to be returned because of damage. We reserve the right to refund after one replacement has been made.
1-Year Surfboard Warranty
- We’ve spent years riding and testing our own boards and ensuring our surfboards are of the highest quality. However the reality is surfboards are still classed as fragile items. On most boards you will get pressure dings soon enough and the odd damage from knocks and bumps so your board needs be taken care of (see our How To Guides).
- Surfing can also be a dangerous sport, riders have varying ability and skill levels and even small waves can be powerful so even though it’s rare, surfboards can and do break.
- We do not offer a warranty against breakage or damage but we do offer a 12-month warranty against materials and workmanship when a board is used in a normal, safe and reasonable manner. What does that mean? It means you recognize the above points about boards being fragile, not immune to minor damage from normal everyday handling and the importance of fixing minor damage, board care with regards to heat and UV exposure and that it is possible for surfboard to break under certain conditions.
- We do not warranty against board repairs or alterations by a third party. We also do not warranty against damages, loss or injury to yourself or a third party as a result of using your board or damage to your board.
- In addition our boards are hand-made and as a result do exhibit minor cosmetic differences which are not considered anything that affect structural integrity or performance. These may include colour, foam or glass imperfections. Due to use in a high UV environment colours may also fade over time.
- Warranty excludes softboards.
So if your board gets damaged in a manner that you feel should not have happened under normal conditions, or if you feel some cosmetic issues are more than structural, then please get in touch with us. We reserve the right to inspect the board before a decision is made which may involve you sending us the board at your expense. If we approve a credit or swap we will refund the cost of your return.
Any party engaged in illegal activities involving the use of this website will be subject to civil and criminal sanctions and prosecution. Surfboards Direct does not guarantee that it will be able to prevent any illegal or inappropriate use of this website, nor that it will give notice of any illegal or inappropriate use of this website. It is an illegal violation to place orders under a false name, with a fraudulently obtained credit card or without the consent of the cardholder. All persons found to have placed a fraudulent order will be prosecuted.
All prices on surfboardsdirect.com.au are listed in Australian dollars (AUD). We reserve the right to request a signed credit card authorisation form and copy of your credit card for any order.
Links to other sites
This site provides links to other related sites. Surfboards Direct is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites. Surfboards Direct does not warrant the security of any information supplied to such websites.
Surfboards Direct endeavors to make information available through its web site accessible to all users. If you are having difficulty accessing or reading information, please email us and we will attempt to arrange the information in another form for you.