What Surfboard to Buy for a Kid
Who are you:
- I need a surfboard for my kids to learn on
What are some of your biggest surfing challenges:
- Picking the right board for them
- Children grow fast and want to be cool - so getting it right but keeping them happy
What’s going to solve them:
- You need enough floatation and stability
- You need a board that will last through their growth and progress as some kids learn fast
What's the best surfboard for a kid:
- Softboard - only if you only get to the beach a couple times a year and are price conscious. Softboards don’t actually surf very well because of the rubber fins and board flex so a normal fiberglass board can be a much better investment. Softboard are good for kids to try surfing for the first time to see if they will stick with it.
- Minimal Surfboards – these are the most stable board for learning on and can be passed on through the family. Kids can progress fast so smaller kids may want to move to a fish surfboard quickly.
- Fish Surfboard – our fish surfboards have extra volume and stability so are a great option for kids. Plus they look “cooler”. They can last a while as kids grow and progress.
What size board should I choose then?
Use the below table as a guide.
Take the softboard if you are on a budget and will only get to the beach a couple times
- Take the fish you feel they will get a lot of time at the beach.
Go for the minimal if you want a more stable option for them to get to their feet and have fun
Only go for the softboard if you are on a budget and will only get to the beach a couple of times a year
SURFBOARD SIZE GUIDE FOR KIDS
Click on the size to view all available boards in those sizes
Take the shorter size option if you feel they are well coordinated at board sports and in the water plus will get a lot of time at the beach.
KIDS SURFBOARD SIZE GUIDE
|Surfboards for Kids|