WHAT SURFBOARD SIZE FOR STARTING AGAIN?
Who are you:
- I surfed years ago and want to get back into it
- I’ve put on weight, a bit unfit – life’s caught up with me
- I used to surf well and want to relive my youth!
What are some of your biggest surfing challenges:
- The young guys paddle too fast for me
- I want something easier to catch waves on
- I just can’t ride a normal shortboard anymore and need a change
What’s going to solve them:
- You simply need more float which = more volume which comes from more length, width and/or thickness
- You need a reality check – stop thinking you need to ride a board as short as possible in the vague hope of busting that one tighter turn somewhere. This ruins the 99% of the rest of your surfing as you struggle to float, paddle and catch waves!
The best surfboard for you:
- Our fish surfboards – these add volume and maintain the shortboard shape. They have a little more volume in the chest area to aid paddling and some models have both the 3 and 4 fin options to speed up and loosen up the surfboard.
- Longboards – Be honest with yourself - if you really wanna just cruise and catch lots of waves then there’s nothing like the fun and glide of a longboard. They turn small days into fun days and you may as well join the other old fellas on one - it's for a good reason - it's much easier!
What size board should I ride then?
Use the below easy size guide.
FISH SURFBOARD SIZE GUIDE
MINI-MAL AND LONGBOARD SURFBOARD SIZE GUIDE
|Mini-mal / Longboard Surfboards|