WHAT SIZE SURFBOARD FOR A BEGINNER?
Who are you:
- An absolute beginner
- I had a lesson or two but want my own board
What are some of your biggest surfing challenges:
- Catching a wave and getting to your feet!
- Knowing what board will help you learn the fastest
What’s going to solve them:
- You need maximum floatation and stability
- Ensuring your board is not too small. Going too small too early will actually slow your progress
- Understanding that it takes quite a longtime and dedication to learn to surf
The best surfboard for you:
- Our Minimal and Longboard surfboards – these float the best and are the most stable. You will paddle and get to your feet the easiest. It takes a long time to master the basics so this will last you.
- But you really want a “normal” shortboard? Our fish surfboards have good volume for this but you really need to be light, small, young or very water fit and coordinated.
- What about a softboard? These are only good for small kids or for the first few goes.
What size board should I ride then?
Use the below table as a guide.
MINI-MAL AND LONGBOARD SURFBOARD SIZE GUIDE
|Mini-mal / Longboard Surfboards|