Who are you:
- I need to buy surfboard as a present for someone
- They are a beginner or have had a few goes at surfing
What are some of your biggest surfing challenges:
- Picking the right surfboard for someone as a present
What’s going to solve them:
- Letting them choose the board – a surfboard gift voucher
- Picking the best learner board - which is simply one with maximum floatation and stability and not too small.
- Just use our table below!
The best surfboard for a beginner:
- Our Minimal and Longboard surfboards – these float the best and are the most stable. The paddle the best and make getting to your feet the easiest. It takes a long time to master the basics so this will last someone a long time.
- But I think they would want “normal” shortboard? You simply can't learn on a normal shortboard unless you are a small kid. Our fish surfboards are a compromise but they still need to be light, small, young or very water fit and coordinated.
- What about a softboard? These are only good for kids or for the first few goes. Not a long-lasting present unless you are on a tight budget.
What size board should I choose then?
- You just need to know their approximate weight and use the tables below or the size charts
MINI-MAL AND LONGBOARD SURFBOARD SIZE GUIDE
|Mini-mal / Longboard Surfboards|